Letters are an important way for you to show your support for Jim in every community in the district.
- Keep to 150-200 words. Stick to one theme. Write something personal that shows that you know Jim. Write what you know. Stay positive.
- Do not send the same letter to more than one newspaper.
- Clearly label your piece as “Letter to the Editor” and the name of the newspaper in which you want your letter published (many small newspapers have the same editor, publication company and a one-person staff).
- Include your name, address and phone number so the newspaper can contact you. The newspaper will publish only your name and city.
- Follow up with a phone call to make sure the newspaper received your letter.
St. Cloud Times – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone Randy Krebs, Editorial Page Editor: 320-255-8762
St. Joseph Newsleader – Monday afternoon deadline for Friday publication. Email: Dennis Dalman, Editor, email@example.com. Phone: 320-363-7741
Paynesville Press – Monday morning deadline for Wednesday publication. Email: Michael Jacobson, Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (320) 243-3772
Cold Spring Record – Thursday afternoon deadline for Tuesday publication. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 320-685-8621
Kimball Tri-County News – Friday morning deadline for Tuesday publication. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 320-398-5000